Tiller And Kites is a International Yacht Training accredited school based in Phoenix AZ. TandK boats are known for their distinctive shocking pink hulls. The IYT courses offered are designed specifically for sailing in the desert Southwest.
Tiller and Kites - IYT School
We teach primarily ‘location specific’ Sailing Lessons in Arizona as well as Internationally recognized certifications. Lake sailing has its own unique challenges and demands that are different to coastal or open-water sailing. We teach and train specifically to your location as well as open water and coastal sailing.
ABOUT ICC (International Certificate of Competency) – it is now mandatory to hold a recognized International Certificate of Competency (ICC) if you wish to charter a boat in certain European countries. It is generally required for the inland and coastal waters of Mediterranean countries. In Northern Europe and Scandinavia the ICC is generally not required, but it is strongly advised you check with any European, Scandinavian, or Eastern European country that you wish to charter in before you leave.
Tiller and Kites also teaches and certifies the following IYT courses:
- Dinghy (4 levels)
- Youth Sailing – Dinghy and Keel Boats
- IYC Day Skipper/Crew – Keel Boat
- International Bareboat Skipper Sail and International Crew / Sail
- International Yacht Racing/High Performance
- Small Powerboat & RIB Master
- VHF Marine Communication
- IYT ICC Certification SAIL and POWER
- Specific ‘skills’ courses, including spinnaker sailing and race training
- Personal Water Craft (Jetski)
Tiller and Kites is an International Yacht Training certified sailing school based in Peoria (Lake Pleasant) just north of Phoenix, Arizona. International Yacht Training is considered by many (especially charter companies) as the gold standard in sail boat training.
Our school has the largest and most diverse fleet of boats in Arizona – dinghies, catamarans, race boats and cruising boats. You do not ‘learn to sail’ a boat – you learn to sail all types of boats.
The courses and training are designed to create Competent, Confident and Capable sailors.
WHAT WE OFFER
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT US
- We use several different classes of boats from 8 to 37 feet.
- Classes on Lake Pleasant and San Carlos, Mexico
- The boats are the definitive example of their class.
- All boats are impeccably maintained and race-ready at all times.
- The boats are easily recognizable by their distinctive hull colors.
- Tiller and Kites is an International Yacht Training certified sailing school.
- Learn at your pace, go as far (and fast) as you want to!.